Welcome to the Ferntree Gully Cricket Club (Est. 1882) Heritage website which includes information and images associated with our Administration, History, Playing Records & Statistics. LAST UPDATED: January 2019 – this update includes…
- Updated register (by season) of all known players who participated prior to fixtured cricket, i.e. between 1882/83 & 1913/14
- Updated register of the best performances by opposition players vs. the FTGCC 1st XI
- Corrections to selected & previously published Record Documents
These updates can be located under the ‘Records & Statistics Tab’
This site is dedicated to the long history of the FTGCC; the records of which have been compiled since 1986, when it was first discovered that the Club’s origins traced back over one hundred and thirty five summers ago to the early 1880’s.
In these pages you will find Administration & Club Records, Playing & Career Statistics and Online Summary Scorebooks for every Grade from every season tracing back to our commencement in 1882/83, as well as images of the Club’s on field success, its heritage and wider involvement in the Ferntree Gully & Dandenong Ranges foothills community that dates back to the 1850’s.
Take your time exploring what is acknowledged by National and State sports historians as one of the best local sporting Club archives in Australia.
Click on this link to go to the Club’s Administration & MyCricket Results website http://ferntreegully.vic.cricket.com.au
- 1892 Day 2 of the Malvern XXII vs All England XI, occurs with W.G. Grace dismissed for a 'Duck' & Oliver Williams (4/31) named as the best local bowler
- 1956 D. (Doug) Forbes scored 45* (from 99) & batted through the entire Innings for the 2nd XI vs. Tecoma