The Club resumed Competition cricket after a six season recess in the late 1920’s/early 1930’s when a dispute with the Ringwood & District Cricket Association (R.D.C.A.) went unresolved. The recess was then further amplified by the effects of the Great Depression, when cricket in Ferntree Gully was put on the back burner.
Click on the links below to view the FTGCC Online Scorebooks for the 1933/34 to 1946/47 seasons for the 1st XI. In these seasons the Club switched its affiliations a few times between the Mountain District Cricket Association (M.D.C.A.) and the Ringwood District Cricket Association (R.D.C.A.)
In 1939/40 the Club formed a 2nd XI for the first time & affiliated it with the RDCA
The Club went into recess in 1943/44 as World War II impacted on our ability to field a team
In 1946/47 the Club formed a 2nd XI for the second time & affiliated it with the RDCA
- 1970 The 2nd XI G/F Club record innings finally closed at 453 (P.D. Ballam 130, R.J. DeCoite 94, H.M. Tew 74) after three days of batting vs. Olinda